Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My Family Christmas

In contrast to the last post, this is my family christmas. We had twenty-ish relatives over for dinner and upwards of forty assorted relatives over for dessert and socializing. The highlight of the night was my cousin Louise calling my mom "anal" over green potatoes and being banned from the kitchen. Good times!


From left to right: Ivy (my brother's girlfriend), Jay (my brother) and Robyn (my sister) crashed after dinner.

My cousin Heather on dish duty keeping her toque dry

(for those not in the know, this is not the standard way to wear a toque).


The highlight of the evening: my cousin Jenny brought her baby Cole (above, couldn't you just eat him alive, he's so adorable) and my cousin Kimmy brought baby Rianna (who was 5 days old, I'm still waiting for photos). As Kim left she apologized for bringing the baby over because she knows that I get hassled more about when I'm having kids whenever my mom sees a baby (especially a relative's baby). To add to the indignity my grandmother recently asked if Paul was "in working order" (he works fine, thanks). Why don't people understand that wanting to have a house to put the baby in is a perfectly good reason to not have one right this instant?

No comments: