Saturday, December 23, 2006

Puh-suede-oh!

The timing of events at Christmas means that we generally don't get to have Christmas dinner with Paul's family, so this year we decided to have them all over to our place for a Pseudo-Christmas dinner ("Pseudo" in that it is in place of our Christmas dinner, is not actually on Christmas, and was lasagne and garlic bread instead of turkey and stuffing. Really 'pseudo' is a stretch here. "Pseudo" identifies something as superficially resembling the original subject; I'm not sure how much resemblance there still was).

While waiting for the rest of the family to arrive for dinner, Jo, G, Paul and I had a discussion about how Trish calls is "Puh-suede-oh" Christmas (she was too tired to figure out how to pronounce it one day and so just said it and figured that people would know what she meant.)The four of us decided that it should always be called Puh-suede-oh instead of Pseudo, that it was way more fun and Spanish sounding to boot. (I am seriously considering making Trish a Puh-suede-oh! shirt.) We (and be "we" I mostly mean "me") spent the rest of the night randomly calling out "Puh-suede-oh!" and the others would answer in chorus "Puh-suede-oh!". Maybe you had to be there.

We devoured out late dinner and the yummy desserts that Mama brought. Kaley was bathed and set up on the couch with a video while G taught us a new game (something to do with a haunted house, I was a bit out of it. Mostly I remember that I wanted to be the "evil plant".) We ended the night early because Jo and G were tired from flying in early this morning, Paul's Dad had a headache and I had the swirly bits that precede a migraine (which I'm still fighting) but it was an enjoyable Puh-seude-oh Christmas dinner for all that.

No comments: